GALA PREMIERE - The Hunger Games: 'Catching Fire'

by - Thursday, November 21, 2013



Rating: 4.5/5

The long awaited blockbuster movie of the year is finally here! Lucky me got invited to the GALA PREMIERE for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Cathay Cineleisure Orchard. Words can't explain how excited I was for this event. I had prepared myself for this battle royale since a month back when I got news that I would be attending it's GALA Premiere, hehehe.




The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the second installment in the Hunger Games Trilogy! With Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth reprising their roles, Catching Fire have had a lot of attention from it's fans and audience.

If you are a fan of the book, you would had already know how the story would go. But trust me, nothing beats watching the story come alive. Especially knowing how much effort the actors had put in to bring this movie alive.

A couple of shot with my ladies before the movie starts!!
e weren't allowed to have our phones turned on so no camwhore shots in the cinema.






"Catching Fire" tells the story about how Katniss and Peeta returns home after winning the 74th Hunger Games, but then got called to go on a "victory tour" because President Snow wanted them deadtamed as they are the icon of rebellion. So despite his failed attempt, he got them to go back to the arena so that he could have the chance to have Katniss and Peeta killed, (that bastard.)



3 words.
Trilling, sadistic, mindfucking.

Oh my god. I swear I wasn't expecting for this when I watch the trailer. I thought it was gonna be really disappointing or so because the trailer looks as if they tried really hard to force out all the good scenes... But no! They have way too many! Scenes so good they would ruin the movie if it's on the trailer.




I mean like, what's wrong with you?! Just let Katniss and Peeta live a life happily ever after!! THEY WERE ABOUT TO GET MARRIED, WHY YOU @#$%^&@$&*%#$!!!
And the sexual tension in this second installment is insane. They look so good together!!!!!
Really, just make babies already you two. I cannot stand watching the two of them breaking apart... Now Gale, step aside.


And Katniss actually has this ultra gorgeous wedding dress. I think President Snow was sour. He killed the designer after Katniss flaunt her mockingjay dress on the stage, :@






This is tooooo gorgeous to resist!! Somehow teared for a bit because this scene felt so touching....
Especially when Peeta mentioned about babies, *wink wink*


I'm not someone that cries easily, but all of the actor's acting were so good, I actually felt their pain and heartbreaks throughout the whole movie. Especially the part when they have to send off Mags to let her sacrifice herself.... God, I cried instantly. I cannot, T____T.....

It is truly mind fucking. Like they finally survived this obstacle, before they could rest, they met up with yet another one. Keeping you at the edge of your seat, having your heart thumping, thinking what's gonna happen to them.


Are they gonna get through this too?... Will they survive? .... Will anybody die?! ... SHE'S GONNA SACRIFICE?!?!?!?!?! ...

The last question pops up in my head most of the time because Katniss is just too .... T___T ....

The movie is 2 hours and 26 minutes long. And to be honest, I find it rather draggy at some point which I feel totally unnecessary. Like for example most of the Katniss and Gale scenes.... *cues evil smile ;)* Hehehehehehe, I'm sorry, I am on team Everlark now, 8D


And I cried when I saw Peeta got blown away by some unknown shield that he hit. GOD, HE ACTUALLY DIED. Wtf. Okay I shall not reveal anymore spoiler, but the kiss was hawt. And there are much hawtter kisses near the end of the movie... Okay okay. Maybe throughout the movie. Hahahahahahaha! It was too good. I think I will watch it again some time soon before I fly off for Europe. Or I could probably catch them overseas, OHMYGOD. *blinging eyes*

Now I can't wait for the third installment. Annoying director has intentions to spilt the third installment into two parts, meaning we will only get to watch the ending of The Hunger Games in 2015. What the hell.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is now screening in cinemas!!
Quick get your tickets at CATHAY CINEPLEX now and enjoy the show!
Trust me, you wouldn't want to miss it.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Any questions, you can always mail to: veeviisme@live.com :D