Thoughts that count

by - Thursday, March 21, 2013

A short paragraph I happened to chance upon..

"Relationships are harder now because conversations became texting, arguments became phone calls, feelings became subliminal message online. Sex became easy, the word "LOVE" gets used out of context, insecurities have become your way of thinking. Getting jealous became a habit, trust has been lost, cheating became an accident, leaving became the only option and getting hurt became natural."

To be honest, I am someone that relies on technology a lot. And true that it actually makes me fed up when most of our interactions becomes online because our feelings don't get through anymore. Humans tend to stop expressing themselves in real life, and we are gradually turning into our virtual identity.

But I don't deny. I am also one of those that argues through phone calls, chat through texting, and convey my feelings through emoticons. It has also made me realise how superficial someone can become through all these technology. We could send a "LOL" without even smiling in real life, or "T_T" without shedding a single drop of tear. We interact through technology so much that we don't even know which of it is our real selves anymore.

On the other hand, I feel that language is a really powerful thing. Not that I'm supporting conversing through texts or social media.. But the way we write our messages could convey a lot of different kind of feelings. And we are often misunderstood if we do not know someone well. Which brings up the question... "Who are you to judge?"

You see... We do not know anybody. Even though you claim to be friends, just because you've exchanged a few words through online. But is that how friends should be defined? What exactly are "friends" now that we're exposed to an environment like this. I don't know anymore, really. Because it had affected my mindset so much that a mere sentence is enough for me to deem someone good or bad.

Ultimately, it's about the individual. People chose to do what they do. So everyone simply judge because of what the others do. Thus why relationships get harder these days. We no longer communicate as much, we're simply relying on virtual mediums to get our thoughts through. And when things get tough, we simply give up. Because texting is too taxing.

Sometimes, I really wish the internet didn't exist..

You May Also Like

0 comments

Any questions, you can always mail to: veeviisme@live.com :D