Not one, but two.

by - Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Heard of Tashirojima? The famous cat island now has a twin. On another island in Fukuoka, resides yet another bunch of adorable felines. Living in peace with their fella island-mates.

" A place where cats outnumbered humans. "

Just a couple of days ago, I was doing some research for my school project and upcoming short film when I came across cat islands in Japan. That was when I realise, there are not just one, but two cat islands!

I also came across this photographer called, Fubirai. He documents the life of the cats living on the island! It makes me jealous, to be honest. How I wish I'm a cat living in Fukuoka, hahahaha XD
You can visit his site here.
He updates his albums with photos from Fukuoka regularly!



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Who would have thought cats could co-exist with humans like that?



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai



Fubirai

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I read about this news on the Neko No Niwa(Singapore Cat Cafe)'s page.
That someone actually intentionally fed one of their cafe kitties with Chocolate Cheese Tart.
YOU MUST KNOW: Chocolate can be lethal to both cats and dogs!!!
As much as we love to feed those adorable fellas, you must be responsible as a customer and follow the rules!
Otherwise the only cat cafe we have in Singapore, that spent so much time and effort to get their license to fulfil cat lovers dream is gonna close down because of irresponsible customers like that.

But anyway, that's not what I want to share with y'all today, hahahaha.

Fukuoka's Cat Island has much lesser exposure than Tashirojima. But I don't want people to neglect it just because they don't have anime neko buildings there! And I hope we can bring attention to both these beautiful and peaceful islands. Because Tashirojima only has a population of over 100 people, and 99% of the resident are 65 and above, :(

Idk how true is that, but according to Wikipedia, Tashirojima only has one resident below the age of 40.


Also, Fubirai had documented soooooo many lovely kitties I bet most of you are dying to fly there and have a taste of their affection first hand. Idk about you, but I sure am, XD

Guess I know where to go for my year end trip now!

Xx

You May Also Like

0 comments

Any questions, you can always mail to: veeviisme@live.com :D